Anyone can father a child, but not everyone knows being a father, the father is the breeding, educate, accompany, teach, guide, shows love, is responsible for your child to grow healthy, happy and spend quality time with your child . Here we reveal why it is celebrated the father ‘s day and what could you give in his day.
Why is it celebrated?
This celebration was born in the United States of the gratitude of a daughter, Sonora Smart Dodd, for his father, a veteran of the Civil War called Henry Jackson Smart. Henry’s wife died giving birth to their sixth child and he nursed and educated their children without help and with all the love in the world on a farm in Washington State.
A Sonora Smart Dodd came up with the idea of celebrating Father’s Day while listening to a sermon on Mother’s Day in 1909. At first proposed on June 5, the date of the birthday of Mr. Smart, but the choice of the date was not successful .
The idea of instituting a ‘Father’s Day’, however, was gaining acceptance. In 1924 President Calvin Coolidge supported the idea of a national Father’s Day, and in 1966 President Lyndon Johnson signed a proclamation declaring the third Sunday in June as Father’s Day in America.
The celebration quickly spread to Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa as a way to honor parents and recognize their role in the upbringing and education of their children.
Father’s Day is celebrated on March 19th, San José, in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Honduras, Equatorial Guinea, Liechtenstein, Macau, Andorra and Bolivia. In most countries it is celebrated on the third Sunday in June, but other dates: in Russia, for example, have chosen February 23, Day of the Defenders of the Fatherland. Romania is the second Sunday of May and in Australia and New Zealand, the first Sunday of September and Dominican Republic the last Sunday of July.
What to present?
If your father really does honor to the word no to wait for a specific day to give him, but it’s good to make you feel special in your day if you deserve it, then some ideas of what to give:
- If you have the opportunity to meet a family: parents, grandparents and uncles, organized a family day, a rich grill or barbecue. If they like drinking alcohol are missing.
- Prepare the rich breakfast or lunch.
- Invite him to eat out.
- Write a letter expressing what you feel for him, special moments and a joke if you want.
- If your dad likes to accommodate, remove shoes and a comb scratches his head.
- Give this massage is so fond, after the baby is sleeping.
- Offer a CD with a mix of songs that you like best.
- A photo that you like, where the love you have shown him
- A personalized accessory for the vehicle.
- A cup with a keychain with a photo that you like.
- The clock or perfume is so fond.
- If you can not buy anything, just to share a happy day with him and let him know how special he is to you.